Friday 24 September 2010

On Mental and Emotional Health- My take.

I never heard of mental and emotional health before this and I never knew the importance of this two things in our lives.  also never took care of it . To enjoy life to the fullest I seriously need to improve on these in my life.

As defined in the WikiPedia,  "Mental health is a term used to describe either a level of cognitive or emotional well-being or an absence of a mental disorder. From perspectives of the discipline of positive psychology or holism mental health may include an individual's ability to enjoy life and procure a balance between life activities and efforts to achieve psychological resilience.  Mental health is an expression of our emotions and signifies a successful adaptation to a range of demands."

The World Health Organization defines mental health as "a being of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community"

I guess with all my shopping.. I was trying to fill the Gap of being healthy mentally and emotionally ...LOL arghh that's so shameful to admit.... and also I think I have a long long way of being at my Healthiest Peak on Mental and Emotional Health.. I have my work cut out for me .. since we can trained to be physcially fit... I am guessing I can also train myself to be mentally and emotionally healthy and fit.  .. Mmmm that is my dream to be Mentally and Emotionally Fit.. Tough-tough ,  Resilient ... Tahan Tukul... hehehehehe   I need to more Strength in Resilience .. the ability to Bounce Back when get hit by problems ..  How? ... heres the How.. What did you say? But  it does make sense to me... 

Building your resilience

Resilience involves maintaining flexibility and balance in your life as you deal with stressful circumstances and traumatic events. This happens in several ways, including:
  • Letting yourself experience strong emotions, and also realizing when you may need to avoid experiencing them at times in order to continue functioning
  • Stepping forward and taking action to deal with your problems and meet the demands of daily living, and also stepping back to rest and re-energize yourself
  • Spending time with loved ones to gain support and encouragement, and also nurturing yourself
  • Relying on others, and also relying on yourself
Source: American Psychological Association

As mentioned by in this website http://www.helpguide.org/mental/mental_emotional_health.htm
"People who are emotionally healthy are in control of their emotions and their behavior. They are able to handle life’s inevitable challenges, build strong relationships, and lead productive, fulfilling lives. When bad things happen, they’re able to bounce back and move on."   

...Yeah I want that!!!! I WANT.. I WANT.. I WANT..

and my sounding  board when am stressed is a very close person to me and I am so glad that she is always there to listen to me.. but I think I have overused her kindness and compassionate heart .. Oooppps  well hope she forgives me .. Me and my Dramatical Soap Opera Life .. hahahahaha anyways ...  I need to nurture myself coz  Its a beautiful World and its to be lived fully .. I strive to be Cheerful everyday ..


“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” ~ Arthur Rubinstein
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau



No comments: